Wednesday 6 January 2016

Why Pilates? Some observations of grattitude


My family and I were fortunate enough to get away over the New Year period for a few days of outdoor adventures in the snowy mountains. Between bushwalking, mountain biking, bobsleds and swimming I had the opportunity to observe how Pilates impacted my execution of these physical activities. I was so grateful for the connection with my deep core muscles as we traipsed across uneven group (mountain goat anyone?) and navigated complex roots and boulders on the bike. I was so pleased to have knowledge of the best stretches to release tension from tight muscles and realign my posture after carrying a loaded pack. 

Even after all the adventures were over, I was surprised to find myself integrating Pilates principles into unpacking our holiday, balancing uneven heavy loads.

I would like to observe a wonderful gratitude for this amazing body, capably taking me through such pleasurable adventures. I warmly embrace the strength, grace, awareness and connection that Pilates has given me with my body.

I truly hope that Pilates bring you the same sense of satisfaction no matter what your activity of choice.

Until the next adventure.

Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment